Although you must follow through with certain behaviors when you’re seeking to live a healthier life style, many experts believe that healthy behaviors have their roots in your mind. What you think and believe will determine how well you’ll follow through and apply the paradigm of a healthy lifestyle in your daily existence.
Consider these mind strategies to galvanize your efforts for a healthy lifestyle:
- Recognize your prior life successes. Take some time to reflect on what you’ve been successful at in the past. Then, use those prior life successes to ignite your passion to live healthy.
- Maybe you’re proud of the fact you worked yourself through college.
- Perhaps you’re known as the co-worker to go to when seeking work knowledge.
You can use these past successes to your advantage in the present!
- Consider what’s good and positive about your life right now. Maybe you’re in a great relationship and you’re optimistic about how it’s progressing.
- When you embrace the enrichment of your life, you’ll be more motivated to strive for good health.
- Think about the connections between a healthy lifestyle and a happy life.
- When you recognize the intimate relationship between your daily lifestyle choices and your emotions, you’ll be more focused on taking steps to live well.
- Renew your commitment to your own health each day. Determine what you really want for yourself and your future.
- What kind of lifestyle do you desire? A life where you sit in front of the television all evening and most weekends or one where you’re active, trying new physical activities all the time, and discovering adventure?
- Make it a personal goal to become physically and emotionally stronger. When you have physical strength, emotional strength isn’t far behind.
- Vow to strengthen your core and get it into tip-top shape.
- Tap into your courage to follow your path to a healthy lifestyle.
- Realize that you can eat the flavors and foods you want in moderation. Use positive, optimistic thinking regarding nutrition. Avoid taking the approach that you must deny yourself of the tastes you love.
- Take it one day at a time. Living your life one day at a time keeps things simple Recognize that although tomorrow is another day, for now, you’ll stay on the path you’ve chosen for increased vigor and vitality.
- Remain emotionally connected with yourself—live life consciously. When you live life consciously, you recognize the power you hold in every decision. Pull from your energy to make positive choices from that power.
- Have faith and confidence in yourself. Get in touch with your self-confidence to take a clearer path toward vitality and longevity. Ponder these aspects of you. Re-discover your fearlessness.
When you apply these strategies, you’ll experience the sweet joy that comes with demonstrating a healthy lifestyle. Go ahead – you know you can do it!
I recommend “HEALTHY HABITS EVERY DAY BY ANNE GILMORE this book really helps in achieving your lifestyle goals.